Acne is a common condition that affects most people. When excess sebum (oil) is secreted on the skin's surface, the pores become clogged. The blockage is known as a comedone. Dirt, debris and bacteria, like Propionibacterium acnes, are trapped within this clogged pore, which can transform into whiteheads and blackheads on the skin's surface. If the whiteheads and blackheads rupture, the accumulated oil and bacteria can spread to the surrounding areas and cause an inflammatory reaction. As a result, pimples may enlarge to form firm, painful cysts. Acne vulgaris and acne rosacea are two of the most common conditions seen in acne patients.
- Small and large pustules (swellings) appear on the face, neck, chest, shoulder and upper portions of the back.
- There may be a black spot in the center of the pustules, which is known as a blackhead (closed comedone).
- Pustules without black spots are known as whiteheads (open comedones).
- When pimples are infected, pustules become filled with pus.
- Cleanse skin three times a day.
- Increase the intake of fresh fruits and vegetables which are sources of vitamins and minerals.
- Minimize the use of make-up.
- Eat balanced meals and drink plenty of water.
You May Try:
Acne-n-Pimple Cream contains ingredients that have strong antibacterial and antifungal properties. It stimulates the capillaries and prevents acne. The cream is also a powerful anti-inflammatory and relieves itching.
The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of the Clarina range of products help in controlling infections caused by acne lesions. The cooling, soothing, astringent and emollient properties of Clarina are useful in relieving the burning sensation, pruritus and pain associated with acne lesions. The range consists of Clarina Anti-Acne Cream, Clarina Anti-Acne Face Wash and Clarina Anti-Acne Gel.
Purim's anti-allergic property is beneficial in controlling pruritus associated with skin infections. Most of Purim's constituents are used in the treatment of skin disease. The drug is also known to promote wound healing.
Purifying Neem Face Wash has antibacterial and antifungal properties, which prevent the recurrence of acne.